Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

STORY

In God's Will

         One of our educator Aristotle, once said  that we are the sum of our motivation and action. His words resonate with me personally. I was born to a poor farmer's family, the third and only son a brood of four. My father's enthusiasm for sending his children to school diminished when my eldest sister eloped with her boyfriend before her college graduation. Life in our barrio was a head-to-mouth existence then, so out of depression my father did not allow us to continue our studies anymore.My two sisters left our barrio and tried their luck as servant in Manila.
        I don't want to quit studying, so I wrote to my mother's sister who worked in the US as domestic helper and borrowed php. 1700.00 to enroll for college. My aunt understood my situation so she gave me the money. I didn't lose hope for god was so good. I made to enroll in college but without difficulty. Life in college was not easy for me since I had nothing financially except my strong faith in God and determination to finish my studies. There was even a time when I spent a sleepless night thinking of what will happen the following day, but I thought of more undesirable circumstances if I did not finish my studies. So I patiently sacrifice for four years. I used to cry in my solitary moments every now and then. I also prayed for more strength so I would be able to bear all the challenges ahead of me.
           I can't really imagine how I became a teacher. I came from a poor family but I was determined to rise above my humble beginning "poverty is not and will not be a hindrances to one's success."So here I am after those countless trials, hardship and financials problems I finally became a teacher ready to take God's given mission of molding the youth.
          God answered my prayer when I was successfully passed the Licensure Examination for Teacher and hired as a permanent teacher last March 19, 2001in one schools in the Division of Camarines Sur. I was enrolled in the graduate school at University of Northeastern Philippines, Iriga City and was conferred a degree of Master of Arts in Education major in Administration and Supervision last April 18, 2008.
         My academic qualification and outstanding teaching performances had been my passport to outrank my contenders in the Division vying for master teacher position last March 10, 2010. After one year as master teacher I was joined the deliveration for master teacher II Last July 22, 2011. Luckily I got the third slot.
          What more could I ask for? My nine years teaching experiences in the academe has given me more than enough personal fulfillment, pecuniary blessings, and a much improved personal touch and identity.Indeed, God has helped me in so many ways from graduating college and getting stable job but beyond all materials things, what is more important is God became my friend, older brother and a father always ready to comfort when I feel weak and needy.
          I believe that comfort is the most integral means to show care, affection and love. And the moment you feel alone and helpless there you will find GOD to give his helping hand.  
        




  

No comments:

Post a Comment