1. Which of the following statements does NOT describe educational technology?
a. It is a profession composed of various job categories
b. It refers to the efficiency of teachers in using computers
c. It includes audio-visual materials, interactive multimedia and self-instructional materials
d. It is the development, application, and evaluation of system, techniques and aids to improve human learning ch_type = "mpu"; ch_sid = "Chitika Default"; ch_color_site_link = "3BCCCC"; ch_color_title = "3BCCCC"; ch_color_border = "33FF47"; ch_color_text = "000000"; ch_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; class="MsoIntenseReference">
2. Which group of technologies has the highest degree of abstraction?
a. Book, imaginative literature, programmed instruction
b. Digital video, film, versatile compact disc
c. Video, pictures
d. Realia and computers
3. Which of the following is NOT an advantage of real objects and model in teaching and learning?
a. They pose problems on storage
b. They are less abstraction and more concrete
c. They are readily available in the environment, around the school , and in the home
d. They provide hands-on learning experiences and emphasize real-world applications
4. Ms. De Leon, a non-education graduate teacher was hired to teach in elementary school where there are enough resources for instruction. Which of the following processes would you suggest her in using an educational technology?
a. Design – utilization – evaluation – development
b. Design – development – utilization – evaluation
c. Development – design – utilization – evaluation
d. Development – utilization – evaluation – design
5. Mr. Samson is planning to integrate the use of technology in his science class. Which of the following would be his second step?
a. Set the objectives
b. Analyse the learners
c. Utilize the materials with showmanship
d. Evaluate the performance of the students
6. Which of the following should Ms.Maceda primarily consider in determining her teaching learning objectives and use of instructional media?
a. The learner
b. The teacher
c. Instructional activity
d. Instructional strategy
7. Which is the best reason why teachers state the objective before using instructional media?
a. To be able to practice how to operate the equipment
b. To determine which media to use best
c. To prepare the materials beforehand
d. To secure available materials
8. Ms. Vargas is thinking of an educational technology that can relay information clearly to her class. Which principle in the selection of instructional material did she apply?
c. Cost effectiveness
d. Communication effectiveness
9. Mrs. Zamora presented real samples of rocks when she discussed the different forms of rocks. Which principle in the selection of instructional material did she apply?
c. Cost effective
10. The following statements are contributions of technology to the learning process .which is an exception?
a. The quality of learning can be improved
b. The delivery of instruction can be more interesting
c. The role of the teacher can be changed into a demonstrator
d. The method of teaching and learning become more interactive
11. With the pervasiveness of technologies nowadays, a learner-centered instruction can be promoted. Which of the following statements support this approach to teaching?
a. It focuses on transformation of facts and it support the use of lecture and drill methods
b. It focuses on transformation of facts and gives emphasize on collaboration and authentic assessment
c. It support the use of the lecture and drill methods and students work on tasks determined and controlled by the teacher
d. It gives emphasize on collaboration and authentic assessment and students work on tasks determined and controlled by the teacher
12. Ms. Gomez’s student use cooperative learning inquiry based and project-based learning approaches in creating their digital unit plans. What can be developed among the learners through these approaches?
a. Repetition and active learning
b. Repetition and information delivery
c. Information processing and passive learning
d. Construction of knowledge and information exchange
13. Which of these technologies are arranged from the most symbolic to multisensory?
a. Real objects, print, audio-visual materials, and visual materials
b. Visual materials, audio-visual materials, print and computers
c. Visual materials, print, audio-visual materials and realia
d. Print, audio-visual materials, and computers
14. Which of the following is inappropriate in using printed visuals such as charts, graphs, and drawings?
a. Provide written or verbal cues to highlight important aspect of visuals
b. Allow students to pass the materials from one person to another
c. Use materials that everyone can see
d. Present the materials one at time
15. Mr. Ramos would like to use audiocassette tape in teaching a lesson in English. In which activity is audiocassette tape very effective in the teaching-learning process?
a. In developing listening skills
b. In teaching creative writing
c. In composing poems
d. In building concepts
16. Rodelyn is going to discuss about the ADDIE Model to a big class. She is planning to use a technology by which parts of her presentation could be partly hidden to make it more exciting and interesting. What do you think shall she use?
17. Prof Manahan’s lesson in EPP is about “pagtatanimnghalaman” to her students. How can she make her lesson more interesting and meaningful?
a. Have a viewing activity about the lesson
b. Have them read their EPP book
c. Give them a collaborative work
d. Let them listen to a gardener
18. Marifewants to make a presentation material wherein more additional transparent sheets with information can be placed over a base transparency. Which one should she make?
19. Self made charts and illustration serve as universal aid for bringing fascinating and exciting experiences in the classroom. To tap the optimum potentials of these materials, which of the following should be avoided?
a. Giving due consideration to lettering
b. Presenting materials with accurate facts
c. Giving more importance to austerity over legibility
d. Focusing on the main idea of the lesson presented
20. Mr. Santos will have a power point presentation in his science class. All except one should be taken into consideration. Which is an exception?
a. Consider technical quality
b. Apply different computer effects per slide
c. Present information through graphic organizers
d. Use contrasting colors for text and background
21. Mrs Sison would like to integrate technology in writing a friendly letter. Which of the following is the most effective way of doing it?
a. Let the pupils surf a friendly letter from the internet
b. Have the pupils write a friendly letter and send it through an email
c. Have the pupils forward a downloaded friendly letter to other via email
d. Let the pupils create a friendly letter using word processing and have it critiqued by their peers
22. Which of the following computer-based instructional material can be used to learn new concepts?
d. Drill and practice
23. Prof. Natividad would like to create a presentation material for his lesson on types of computer-assissted instruction. To make his presentation effective, which tool should he use?
a. Communicative tool
b. Informative tool
c. Productivity tool
d. Situating tool
24. Prof. Bautista is thinking of an online learning approach by which content provides links to information at other locations and serves as a focal point for a distance education experience. Which of the following should he use?
a. Computer-aided instruction
b. Web-based instruction
c. Self-paced program
25. All except one are basic consideration in selecting and evaluating the content of an instructional material. Which is not?
a. Will it motivate and maintain interest?
b. Is there evidence of its effectiveness?
c. Can it be easily dismantled?
d. Does it match the content?
26. Which is the most important reason why teachers preview materials to be used in class?
a. To gain confidence in using them
b. To encourage viewers to be more focused
c. To avoid potential problems that might occur while materials are in use
d. To ensure appropriateness of the materials with the objectives and target audience
27. After Ms. Valle planned her lesson in English, she found out that the materials at hand do not match her objectives. Which is the best thing that she can do?
a. Modify the available materials
b. Teach the lesson the following day
c. Change the objectives to match with the available materials
d. Carry out the lesson as planned and use the material at hand
28. Prof. Naz used worksheets, manipulatives and models in teaching Math to help her students understand the lesson and love the subject.what did she bear in mind when she used these materials?
29. With the increasing use of educational technology inside the classroom, what role is expected of the teacher?
c. Knowledge giver
d. Source of information
30. Which of the following technologies provide iconic experience?
a. Videos and computer
b. Books and periodicals
c. Radio and audio materials
d. Printed and verbal symbols
31. There are several reasons why teachers are reluctant in using electronic media in the teaching-learning process. Which is the most common reason?
a. The limited exposure of teachers to new equipment
b. Their incompatibility to diverse needs of the learners
c. The difficulty in integrating technology in the curriculum
d. The excessive availability of local technology in the community
32. There are countless things in the environment that you and your student can use to learn from such as trees, globes, pebbles, blocks etc. these real object and models are really effective if they are utilized properly. Which of the following is incorrect about the use of real objects and models?
a. Familiarize yourself with the object or model
b. Allow passing of a single object around the class
c. Make sure that object/models are large enough to be seen by the whole class.
d. Encourage students’ participation through questioning and having students decide the next step
33. It is impractical to bring real object to the classroom so Aaron constructed a three dimensional visual instead. Which of the following did he construct?
34. You asked your student to illustrate when they have understood from what they have read. Which of the following non-projected visuals are you referring to?
a. Print materials
35. Prof. Silva uses projected visuals such as OHP in presenting her lesson. What could be her main reason in using such an educational technology?
a. Most visuals can be obtained at no cost
b. It is more abstract than any other visual
c. The equipment and materials are readily available
d. She can easily prepare her own transparencies in advance
36. Mrs. Santos used a film clip in teaching science concept to her Grade six class. However, she found out that it was ineffectively used in the classroom. When technology is considered ineffective?
a. When it promotes mastery the lesson
b. When it makes viewing more interesting
c. When it helps attain the objectives of the lesson
d. When it induces alienation on the part of the learners
37. Your department would lke to purchase a computer set as your project.which of the following advantages of computer will be the least consideration in purchasing this technology?
a. It can enhance the teaching and learning process
b. It can be used for interactive presentation
c. It can be used for research activity
d. It can be used for entertainment
38. Computer can classified according to the roles they play namely communicative tool, informative tool, and constructive tool. What is the other role of computer in the options below?
a. Instructional tool
b. Situating tool
c. Utility tool
d. Application tool
39. Which of the following categories of CAI will you use in your class if your objective is to increase proficiency in a newly learned skill or refresh an existing one?
b. Drill and practice
d. Instructional game
40. Which of the following is an effective use of presentation software?
a. Darken the room
b. Use appropriate pacing
c. Read directly from the slides
d. Allow interaction with the learner
41. Which of the following is NOT an example of communicative tool?
a. Multimedia encyclopedia
c. Electronic mail
42. Why is one way delivery of information a misuse of communication tools?
a. Because the teacher expects the student to study more
b. Because it require activities that focus on thinking that responding
c. Because it enables the users to focus more on higher level cognitive activities
d. Because it kind of practice lessens interaction capabilities of communication tools
43. Internet consists of thousands of connected computer networks around the world. Which term does not refer to internet?
d. Information superhighway
44. Your class adviser is planning to have an asynchronous communication with your classmate. Which technology tools can she use?
a. Chat and blog
b. Chat and instant messaging
c. Blog and video conferencing
d. Electronic bulletin board and email
45. In your computer subject, you allow your class to chat as a part of your motivation before discussing them the roles of computer as a tool. How is chat used in this context?
a. Informative tool
b. Communicative tool
c. Application tool
d. Situating tool
46. Your mother wanted to finish her long dreamed course but she wanted to do it at home during her free time. How could you help your mother in pursuing her dream?
a. Encourage her to hire a helper so that she can attend her class
b. give up your study so that your mother can attend her class
c. Enrol her to the school where you enrolled
d. Enrol her in distance education
47. The following statements are true about computer conferencing. Which is exception?
a. It refers to live student interaction with an expert
b. It is also known as discussion forum or bulletin board
c. It also refers to online class discussion, forums or debates
d. It permits two or more individuals to engage in asynchronous text-based
48. Which instructional tool application will you introduce to your class if your objective is to help them find and use information resources available in the internet?
a. Web quests
b. Hybrid course
c. Scavenger hunt
d. Distance education
49. Marygrace is looking for an organized instructional program in which the teacher and learners can be physically separated. Which of the following will she choose?
a. Distance education
b. Uniform resource locator
c. Web Quests
d. Computer-based education
50. You were asked to evaluate the effectiveness of an instructional game after using it in teaching a lesson in high school science. Which of the following should you avoid?
a. Present problems which are relevant to learning objectives
b. Allow learners to select different content materials
c. Provide a cooperative learning atmosphere
d. Provide a scoring system