Test your knowledge
Let's find out how much prior knowledge you have about this topic. Write C if the concept is correct and NC if it is not correct.
1. Distributed leadership is characterized as a form of a collective leadership, in which teachers develop expertise by working collaboratively.
2. Distributed Leadership means multiple sources of guidance and direction.
3. Distributed leadership equates with maximizing the human capacity within the organization.
4. If reforms are to improve learning for all students principal must find and implements meaningful curriculum and effective instructional program.
5. Effective principals do not just string together a series of individual actions, but systematically distributes leadership by building it into the fabric of school life.
6. It is helpful to know the factors affecting the individuality of teachers.
7. The "Extrinsic rewards" are often the only element in a job.
8. The " Intrinsic rewards" are not controlled by the principals.
9. Telling the teachers, " If you behave this way,do this job, you can satisfy your needs directly because the very act of carrying out the job will be self - fulfilling or will up your self-esteem" is an example of an intrinsic reward.
10. Telling the teachers, "If you behave this way and do this job, I will provide you with something that will enable you to satisfy your needs" is an example of an Extrinsic reward.
11. Communication is often formal in classical leadership.
12. Leadership is identified by the quality of people's interaction rather than their position.
13. Principals have the power to illuminate the lives of their teachers or to cover them in darkness.
14. Teachers under shared Leadership need to develop ownership, learning and sharing.
15. Promoting a healthy working environment is one way of demonstrating effective leadership in school. This can be done using the four stages, namely forming, norming, storming and performing.
source: Project q-Learn Learning package of DepEd.Principal Reviewer