2012 NATIONAL QUALIFYING EXAMINATION FOR PRINCIPALS
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) through the National Educators Academy of the Philippines
NEAP shall administer simultaneously the 2012 National Qualifying Examination for Principals on
Nov. 11, 2012.
2. The examination shall serve as mechanism for selecting competent school heads in the public basic
education sector who will be able to perform their functions as school heads upon assumption to
3. This will cover the following school leadership experience dimensions:
a. School Leadership;
b. Instructional Leadership;
c. Creating a Learning Climate;
d. Professional Human Resource and Professional Development;
e. Parent Involvement and Community Partnership;
f. School Management and Daily Operations;
g. Personal Integrity and Interpersonal Effectiveness;
h. English Language Proficiency; and
i. Reading Comprehension.
4. The time allocation for the entire examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes comprised of 170 items.
5. Consistent with DepEd memorandum No. s. 2012 dated ________2012 the aspirants must have an experience of at least (5) years in the aggregate as Head Teacher, Teacher-in-Charge, Master Teacher and