Total Pageviews

Monday, November 10, 2014

Testimony of an Awardee


NOEL R. DAURAN
Master Teacher II
Baya Elementary School


            For 13 years, I’ve worked as a public school teacher, awardees’ in the division level as Natatanging guro sa Filipino 2012, outstanding Teacher 2013 and for this year 2014 Gov. Migz R. Villafuerte Award of Excellence is the best thing that ever happened to me. I did not expect that what I have accomplished merited recognition such as this; much more when we were received a Plaque of Recognition at the Jesse M. Robredo Coliseum, Naga City during the 2014 National Teachers’ Month and World Teachers’ Day Celebration and had a chance to see personally the higher officials of DepEd Camarines Sur and the youngest Governor of Camarines Sur Governor Migz R. Villafuerte and Senator Ferdinand Bongbong Marcos Jr.
            I could hardly imagine how I was made worthy of this award! Everyday when I went to work, I had only one thing in mind: to make myself available for service to everyone. I did not expect any reward since I considered myself fortunate when I was young since I received a lot of blessings. I finished my Baccalaureate Degree and Master of Arts in spite of those trials and difficulties and for me, it is but proper to share the graces especially when my expertise is needed. Every time I give my best, I feel fulfilled and experience inner peace and happiness.
            This award reminds me every now and then not to carry my weight around but rather to perform my duties professionally. It serves as a booster for me to double my commitment especially when the service is meant for the deprived, the depressed and those who are longing for free access to education. My pupils were inspired to see me receive this award. I know they will be working in government agencies in the near future and will follow the footsteps of their teacher. My co – teachers, whom I consider as my second family, will be more inspired to work with me, because this award is not meant for me alone: rather, it is theirs too.
            Lastly, my gratitude to the province of Camarines headed by Governor Migz R. Villafuerte and Department of Education, Division of Camarines Sur for sponsoring the search for Gov. Migz R. Villafuerte Award of Excellence ; to the public school District Supervisor of Ragay District Joselito N. Moldez and the school Principal of Baya Elementary School, Maria Linda R. Mien for putting their trust in my capacity and endorsing me as nominee of the district, to my family for their understanding and support . Above all, to God Almighty for bringing this award to His lowly servant. I am giving back this honor and glory to Him.




1 comment:

  1. Sir please send me a copy of the NQESH Reviewer, thanks po. Ito po yong email add ko: frontier713@gmail.com

    Thank you Sir in advance.

    ReplyDelete